- 3.20 GHz core speed
- 8 processing threads with Intel® HT technology
- 8 MB of Intel® Smart Cache
- 3 Channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory
Monday, February 23, 2009
Intel Core i7 processors deliver an incredible breakthrough in quad-core performance and feature the latest innovations in processor technologies:
- 2.93 GHz and 2.66 GHz core speed
- 8 processing threads with Intel® HT technology
- 8 MB of Intel® Smart Cache
- 3 Channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory
- 12 MB of total L2 cache.
- 1600 MHz front side bus
When "Extreme" is an understatement.It's not about playing the game. It's about dominating and winning the game. Designed for extreme performance, the Dual-Core and Quad-Core Intel Core 2 Extreme processors feature the latest arsenal of performance-rich technologies:
Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution, enabling delivery of more instructions per clock cycle to improve gaming execution time and energy efficiency
Intel® Deep Power Down Technology, designed to deliver extreme energy-efficient performance
Intel® Smart Memory Access, improving system performance by optimizing the use of all available data bandwidth
Intel® Advanced Smart Cache, providing a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem. Optimized for industry leading multi-threaded games
Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost, accelerating a broad range of applications, including ultra-realistic game physics and human-like artificial intelligence for an intense gaming experience unlike any other. Now improved even further on 45nm versions with Intel® HD Boost utilizing new SSE4 instructions for even better multimedia performance
|Intel's i960® processors offer a broad line-up of code-compatible products for fast time-to-market in networking and imaging applications. The i960 architecture family consists of high-performance, 32-bit embedded RISC processors supported by an outstanding selection of development tools.|
|The entire line is code-compatible offering a wide range of performance options, giving developers an easy migration path while preserving investments in existing hardware and software. It is a time-proven and excellent choice for local and wide-area networking, telecom and imaging applications.|
|The i960 processor family is supported by a comprehensive tools support program. There are many development tools available from third party vendors, including emulators, assemblers, compilers, OS, evaluation boards, debuggers (gdb960) and more. Third party vendors also offer PCI and system controller interface chips that optimize applications using i960 processors.|
The Intel® Xeon® processor LV and Intel® Xeon® processor ULV are members of Intel’s growing product line of multi-core processors. Each dual-core processor combines the benefits of two high-performance execution cores with intelligent power management features to deliver significantly greater performance-per-watt over previous single-core Intel Xeon processor-based platforms. The dual-core/dual-processor capabilities are ideal for a wide range of low-power communications and embedded applications.
The Intel® Atom™ processor N270Ω, implemented in 45nm technology, is power-optimized and delivers robust performance-per-watt for cost-effective embedded solutions. Featuring extended lifecycle support, this processor offers an excellent solution for embedded market segments such as digital signage, interactive clients (kiosks, point-of-sale terminals), thin clients, digital security, residential gateways, print imaging, and commercial and industrial control. The processor remains software compatible with previous 32-bit Intel® architecture and complementary silicon.
This single-core processor is validated with the mobile Intel® 945GSE Express Chipset, consisting of the Intel® 82945GSE Graphics Memory Controller Hub and Intel® I/O Controller Hub 7-M. The chipset features power-efficient graphics with an integrated 32-bit 3D graphics engine based on Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 architecture with SDVO, LVDS, CRT, and TV-Out display ports. It provides rich I/O capabilities and flexibility via high-bandwidth interfaces such as PCI Express,* PCI, Serial ATA, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity.
- Intel Atom processor N270 at 1.6 GHz core speed with 533 MHz AGTL+ front-side bus and 2.5 watts thermal design power¹ (TDP)
- Intel hafnium-based 45nm Hi-k metal gate silicon process technology reduces power consumption, increases switching speed, and significantly increases transistor density over previous 65nm technology
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology² (two threads) provides high performance-per-watt efficiency in an in-order pipeline and increased system responsiveness in multi-tasking environments. One execution core is seen as two logical processors, and parallel threads are executed on a single core with shared resources
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology reduces average system power consumption
The Intel® Core™2 Quad processor Q9400¹ is the first quad-core processor within the Intel® Core™2 processor product line with embedded lifecycle support. Based on Intel® Core™ microarchitecture, it features four complete execution cores within a single processor, delivering exceptional performance and responsiveness in multi-threaded and multi-tasking environments. As a result, more instructions can be carried out per clock cycle, shorter and wider pipelines execute commands more quickly, and improved bus lanes move data throughout the system faster.
The processor is validated with three different chipsets, providing a choice of flexible, quad-core-capable platforms for a wide range of embedded applications:
- Intel® Q45 Express chipset for applications such as point-of-sale (POS) terminals or digital signs in a networked retail environment. Chipset consists of the Intel® 82Q45 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) and Intel® I/O Controller Hub (ICH) 10 DO.
- Intel® Q35 Express chipset for embedded applications needing graphics, manageability, data protection and security such as interactive clients (i.e. POS terminals and interactive PCs), industrial control and automation, gaming, print imaging and network security appliances. Chipset consists of the Intel® 82Q35 GMCH and the Intel® ICH9 DO.
- Intel® 3210 chipset is a server-class chipset that includes Error Correcting Code memory for embedded applications needing high reliability, such as robotics on a factory floor, multi-function printers and network security applications.
The Intel® Atom™ processor Z5xx series delivers the benefits of Intel® architecture for small form factor, thermally constrained and fanless embedded applications. Implemented in 45nm technology, these power-optimized processors provide robust performance-per-watt in an ultra-small 13x14 mm package.
Featuring embedded lifecycle support, the Intel Atom processors are ideal for many embedded market segments such as in-vehicle infotainment, medical, interactive client (kiosks, point-of-sale terminals), gaming and industrial control. It remains software compatible with previous 32-bit Intel® architecture and complementary silicon.
These single-core processors are validated with the Intel® System Controller Hub (SCH) US15W, which integrates a graphics memory controller hub and an I/O controller hub into one small 22x22 mm package. This low-power platform has a combined thermal design power under five watts.
- Intel's 45nm technology, based on a Hafnium, high-K metal gate formula, reduces power consumption, increases switching speed, and significantly increases transistor density over previous 65nm technology.
- Multiple micro-ops per instruction are combined into a single micro-op and executed in a single cycle, resulting in improved performance and power savings.
- In-order execution core consumes less power than out-of-order execution.
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology¹ (HT Technology; 1.6 GHz SKU only) provides high performance-per-watt efficiency in an in-order pipeline. HT Technology provides increased system responsiveness in multi-tasking environments. One execution core is seen as two logical processors, and parallel threads are executed on a single core with shared resources.
Complete SOC for security, communications, storage and embedded designs
Based on Intel® architecture, the Intel® EP80579 Integrated Processor product line is the first in a series of breakthrough system on-a-chip (SOC) processors, delivering excellent performance-per-watt for small form factor designs.
This fully compatible product line (Intel EP80579 Integrated Processor and Intel® EP80579 Integrated Processor with Intel® QuickAssist Technology) provides an outstanding combination of performance, power efficiency, footprint savings and cost-effectiveness compared to discrete, multi-chip solutions.
These integrated processors are ideal for small-to-medium business (SMB) and enterprise security and communications appliances (including VPN/firewall and unified threat management), transaction terminals, interactive clients, print and imaging applications, wireless and WiMax access applications, SMB and home network attached storage, converged IP PBX solutions, converged access platforms, IP media servers, VoIP gateways and industrial automation applications.
These SOCs include an Intel architecture complex based on the Intel® Pentium® M processor, integrated memory controller hub, integrated I/O controller hub, and flexible integrated I/O support with three Ethernet MACs, two Controller Area Network interfaces and a local expansion bus interface.
The Intel EP80579 Integrated Processor with Intel QuickAssist Technology also includes High Speed Serial¹ ports for TDM or analog voice connectivity, security accelerators for bulk encryption, hashing and public/private key generation, and data path acceleration. The integrated accelerators support Intel QuickAssist Technology through software packages provided by Intel.
Intel provides the following software packages for embedded, security and IP telephony designs:
- Intel® EP80579 Software Drivers for Embedded Applications contains all software drivers needed to utilize the hardware features on the integrated processor.
- Intel EP80579 Software for Security Applications on Intel QuickAssist Technology builds upon the software drivers for embedded and enables acceleration of cryptographic and packet processing for a wide variety of applications.
- Intel EP80579 Software for IP Telephony Applications on Intel QuickAssist Technology builds upon the software for security applications by adding features important for converged IP PBX solutions, converged access platforms, IP media servers and VoIP gateways.
Plus, with optional Intel® vPro™ technology, you have the ability to remotely isolate, diagnose, and repair infected desktop and mobile workstations wirelessly and outside of the firewall, even if the PC is off, or the OS is unresponsive.
Whether you're encoding, rendering, editing, or streaming HD multimedia in the office or on the go, power your most demanding applications with notebooks and desktops based on the Intel Core 2 Quad processor.
Based on Intel® Core™ microarchitecture, the Intel® Core™2 Duo processor family is designed to provide powerful energy-efficient performance so you can do more at once without slowing down.
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo desktop processors
Multitask with reckless abandon.
• Up to 6MB L2 cache
Features and benefits
The Intel® Pentium® processor with Intel® dual-core technology delivers great desktop and mobile performance, low power enhancements, and multitasking for everyday computing.
Features and benefits
Go beyond everyday computing
The Intel Pentium processor delivers enhanced performance for everyday computing needs such as listening to digital music and editing digital photography and improved responsiveness with office applications.
Smarter, more efficient designs
Intel® Smart Cache enables smarter, more efficient cache and bus design for enhanced performance, responsiveness and power savings.
Take basic computing to new levels with dual-core processing. The Intel® Celeron® processor, with 512 KB of shared L2 cache and 800 MHz Front Side Bus, has two independent processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency, delivering superior energy efficient dual-core performance.
For dual-core and single-core processing:
Intel® Smart Memory Access
Intel® Xeon® processor 7400 series
- Extending today's lead in virtualization performance with built-in hardware assisted features and breakthrough gains in performance and energy efficiency².
- Built for data-demanding enterprise applications with up to 6 cores and a large shared 16MB L3 cache per processor, enabling more transactions per server.
- More headroom, improved reliability, and the highest scalability available for large scale server consolidation and business-critical virtualization.
- Designed for robust high-performance computing.
- Ideal for e-mail, database, and Web servers.
- Outstanding price/performance and broad 64-bit industry support.
- Available high-density, low-power options.
- Great for e-mail and file/print services.
- Enhanced Intel® Core™ micro architecture for exception performance and power efficiency.
- High-density entry-level configurations and high-performance computing.
Mission-critical computing and RISC replacement
- Large-scale databases, data warehouses, ERP, business intelligence, and data analytics.
- Scales up to 512 processors and an incredible full Petabyte (1024TB) of RAM.
- Ultimate scalable performance, flexibility, and reliability.